Colorado Springs Training November 18, 2015
CCERAP and the University of Colorado Colorado Springs Gerontology Center have collaborated to present a panel discussion of:
“Revisiting Colorado’s Mandatory Reporting One Year After Passage: What Are the Professional Challenges in Detecting, Reporting, Investigating and Prosecuting Elder Abuse?
- Wednesday, November 18, 2015
- Sign-in begins at 12noon
- Training 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Brookdale Skyline
- Skyline Room
- 2365 Patriot Heights
- Colorado Springs, Co. 80904
- Detecting: Panel discussion
- Reporting: Kathryn Chacon, Supervisor, Aging and Adult Services Division, El Paso County Department of Human Services shares the process used by her Division when contacted about an elder abuse situation.
- Investigating: Detective Charles Szatkowski, Colorado Springs Police Dept., will discuss how the Colorado Springs Police Department prepared for mandatory reporting and the lessons learned after the first year.
- Prosecuting: Candace Werth, Prosecutor, Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office, describes procedures followed after the abuse report has been received from law enforcement.
- Methods Professionals Can Apply to Enhance Collaboration: Panel discussion